I didn’t have any preplanned posts lined up, but as I’ve made the effort to post every Sunday since the beginning of this year I felt it necessary to blog today! Here’s a rundown of everything that has happened so far, this year:
- I took my mother for afternoon tea at the British Museum. Thanks to a Groupon voucher, we had a wonderful time and the deal even included Prosecco. My mother doesn’t really drink so I got to have hers as well, ha.
- I finally took the plunge and started to promote my blog posts on Instagram. I know some have been doing this for ages, so this is obviously not a new concept, but I tend to keep my blog and Instagram separate. However, this year is about stepping out of my comfort zone ~ I’m loving the results, too!
- I started properly using the Happiness Planner, which I blogged about here. It has been so helpful to me!
- I discovered Sanrio’s new character, Aggretsuko, and absolutely fell in love with her because she is so relatable.
- I applied to a couple of jobs, but to no avail. Don’t you hate it when you go for an interview and then don’t hear anything back at all? Not even to let you know you weren’t successful? Hmmm.
- I went on the Emirates Air Line, which is always a joy and gives a lovely view of London. Also, the Royal Observatory in Greenwich gives an AMAZING view of London and you get to stand on the historic Meridian Line and see the home of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Thames Clipper is a river bus service on the River Thames (duh) that is also a lovely way to go around London.
- Finally got to go to Hawksmoor with Mutay for our monthly dinner date. There was a BIG kerfuffle just trying to get a table. I arrived at the Knightsbridge branch first, but then was told that they were having problems in their kitchen so we had to be moved to the Seven Dials branch. After a trek by tube, I arrived and met up with Mutay only to be told our name wasn’t on the list despite having been told by the lady in Knightsbridge that she had called and said that we would be coming. Stress. We eventually found somewhere else to eat, but then as we were sitting down we got a call from Hawksmoor saying they had found Mutay’s name on the system, it was just spelt incorrectly. Sigh. So, we trekked allllllll the way back. Thankfully, the food at Hawksmoor was delicious and we did have a good evening in the end.
January in Photos
- Started reading ‘Get Your Sh*t Together’ by Sarah Knight and had my mind blown. She is also the author of ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving A F*ck’, which I definitely want to invest in soon. I love that she described GYST as a anti-self-help self-help book because whilst she helps you get your sh*t together, it’s really down to you at the end of the day. Bonus points for the colouring page in the book.
- Started focusing more on getting my manuscript written and made so much progress in terms of characters and plot. SUPER excited!
- Went to OXO Tower with Mutay for our monthly dinner date and had some delicious food, amazing conversation and overall good vibes. I don’t know what I’d do without our monthly dinner dates!
- Read Sula by Toni Morrison, which was recommended to me by Tara. Absolutely LOVED the book and I literally read it in a day.
- Went to Big Easy and ate waaaay too much food: popcorn fried shrimp, BBQ chicken, coleslaw, mac and cheese and cornbread muffin. I literally had to sleep as soon as I got back home. Mouthwatering.
- Visited the Natural History Museum for the first time in YEARS. I think some parts were under refurbishment, but I still got to see the huge animatronic T-Rex and loads of other exhibits, which was fun.
- Went to Edinburgh, which you can read about here! Scottish accents ?
- Went to a bar called Tequila Mockingbird (geddit?) for a friend’s birthday and then another called The Toy Shop where they have a cocktail served in a lego mug. AMAZING. Such a fun night!
- Pancake Day was on the 28th and OMG. I made American-style pancakes with crispy bacon and maple syrup drizzled all over it. It was so gorgeous and I documented the whole affair on my Instagram story. I also went to Flat Iron in the evening with friends where we were given free salted caramel ice cream with chocolate. #blessed
February in Photos
- It’s only the 5th, so not much has happened yet but watch this space.
- I have an exciting post coming up on the 26th for AnneMarie’s #WalangHiya project.
- I am also taking steps to fundraise for my chosen charity, Alopecia UK ~ thanks to Tara’s post for inspiring me!
- Looking forward to seeing the Inspector Calls in the theatre, eating at Roka (a Japanese restaurant) and seeing Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie at Southbank as part of WOW – Women of the World!